Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life in da' hood...

The evening view of the inlet to our neighborhood. 
Above is the evening view of the inlet into our neighborhood.  (Everyone needs to park their yacht at home, right?) Day three of this Fiji blog and I am noticing that lunchtime seems to be when I am inspired to write.  Perhaps the reason for that is that I have been so busy in the evening time that the "blog-life" rarely enters my mind at that point, but during lunch, after perusing my FB and attempting to answer a few emails, i am more inclined to ramble incessantly about the things going on here on my island. 
The biggest reason I've been busy is that I have been trying to facilitate our move.  We found a place, that shall from here on out be referred to as "The Palace" and I have been working with the Realtor to secure the property.  As of tomorrow, (Friday, here in Fiji) the keys are ours!  The Palace is approx 3500 sqft, 3 bedroom 2 bath, with a loft.  It is located in an area known as Denurau, perhaps the most exclusive area on my island, and it is (for lack of a better term) AWESOME!  The house is an open design with use of finished local wood through out.  It has an approx 30ft glass wall that opens up to our giant patio/pool area and integrates the indoor and outdoor living space.  The perimeter of the property  lights up at night by gas torches that line the patio and backyard and the master suite has french doors that open up to a patio above the entertaining area.  I'd tell you to drive by and check it out, (you will know it is us by the huge WSU flag blowin' in the ocean breeze but you should call first as I will have to make sure our private security will allow you through the gate and that the gardener, pool keeper, and house keeper are finished with their daily duties as I would not want them to interrupt our visit.  (How snobby do I sound?  Sorry, I guess life has just gotten that good!  Lol...)  Okay, you get the point.  As my good friend Buddy would say, "this place rocks" and to top it off, it is about a two minute walk to the beach, or just as far to the marina and all of the hottest bars and restaurants.
Needless to say, we can't wait to get moved in, and we have already started our own betting-pool as to who will be the first visitors from "off" my island. 
I will post some pictures once we get settled in, and undoubtedly be busy planning a BBQ or two, so start making your plans to visit and I will get the beer cold and the BBQ coals heated.  We would love to see you!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving ur blog! Sounds like such an awesome adventure and love that us poor peeps stuck in America can live vicariously through u! LoL! I don't know how u could ever return to washington or anywhere else for that matter after such beauty! Be safe cuz and live it up! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna guess who will be the first visitor/visitors to "The Isle O'Casey". That's me me me. It's one thing to be quoted in just the second entry of the CR Chronicles but being welcomed 1st to Plasedo De Reinke is just amazing. It's like getting an audience with the Pope or performing an unassigned triple play. Diggin it. Rock On...

    ReplyDelete